Traqli provides a wide range of integration options, the quickest one is creating integration with your website in the Traqli Dashboard. Please follow the steps below to do that:
- Go to Integrations page and hit Create integration button.
- Name the integration and hit Create.
- Hit the gear-shaped icon to access the integration settings.
- Toggle the Enable integration switch and hit the Submit button.
- Track anonymous visitors option gives you the possibility to disable user behavior tracking of non-identified visitors in case that's reqired by your personal data protection policy.
- Sections Select an opt-in widget and onSite recommendations widget let you link these widgets to your integration code. Click here to learn more on how to create opt-in and onSite recommendations widgets.
- Note: Put the code on every page of the website to enable Traqli see what content does your audience like.
Here's how to add subscribers from an existing mailing list:
- Go to Campaigns page and click a "+" icon under the Subscribers tab.
- In a window that appears you can either type email addresses manually separating them with a comma, or upload a CSV file to let our system handle that.
- Turn on the Reenable feature to subscribe back those who are in the mailing list you are uploading, if they previously were unsubscribed (optional).
- Define the schedule for sending emails to the list of subscribers you are uploading:
- By schedule will send emails to newly added subscribers according to existing campaign schedule;
- Immediately will send emails to newly added subscribers as soon as import is completed;
- Specific date and time allows to set a certain date and time for sending emails to newly added subscribers;
The key element of email distribution and configuration is campaigns. This article provides a detailed explanation of the campaign creation and configuration process.
If you didn’t have any campaigns before some of the pages in Traqli Dashboard will contain blank information with a following notification
- First step requires to:
- Enter a Campaign name, this is your internal name that you’ll see in the list of campaigns (your subscribers are not going to see this information)
- Enter From name. From name is used in email header and also on Unsubscribe page as a name of mailing list the person is opting out from
- Specify a Reply-to address, an email address that you’re going to receive a feedback on from your subscriber
- Next step is configuration of Email Template
- You need to choose an existing generic template that could be modified based for your needs. More detailes about email configuration you can find in this articles
- Or request a custom email template that could be based on your existing HTML file or designed from scratch by our team
- Next, schedule adjustment. You have two distribution modes to work with
- Breaking. It means that the newsletter will be sent immediately by external event, which is a content publication in the feed, so once the story appeared in the feed it will automatically send to the subscribers in this campaign.
- Regular. This option gives a possibility to select specific days of the week and time frame for regular email distribution. Please take into account two factors:
- The time is specified in UTC (+0h) format, so don’t forget to adjust it to your local time zone if you need it.
- Traqli provides start time and end time. It was made for personalization reason. As you might already know Traqli personalize delivery time based on user activity data, therefore we recommend to specify as wide rage as possible, so Traqli can provide more delivery time options to the end user.
- On the last step you need to upload your mailing list. You can write down specific addresses manually or upload CSV file (only email addresses, without quotes) and there are several options to work with:
- Reenable (if already in the list, but unsubscribed) - gives you a possibility to start sending emails to these subscribers even if they unsubscribed before from this particular campaign (relevant for existing campaigns)
- When to send
- By schedule: next check time for email distribution will be set based on the predefined schedule
- Immediately: First send will be done immediately, once there is a relevant content in the feed, next send will be set accordingly to the schedule
- By specific time: with this setting you can specify future moment when you want to start sending emails for new subscribers (not earlier than)
- Once you’ve done this step or if you don’t have an existing list of email address just click DONE.
- Campaign settings
- Send emails launching email distribution
- Campaign name, From name, Reply-to address and schedule settings are the same that you entered during campaign creation process
- UTM tags, provides you with a possibility to mark traffic from Traqli with specific tags, so you can identify it within your website analytics tool (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Additionally, you can quickly switch to your email template or opt in form
- Add new subscribers, the same process as was described before
- Download mailing list with a list of email addresses, date of first subscribe and current status (subscribed, unsubscribed)
- Duplicate: use this option if you want to clone existing campaign using similar settings
Once you put the code on your website you may want to create opt-in forms to collect new subscribers. Here's how to do that:
- Go to Opt-in widgets page and hit Create widget button.
- Name the widget and select the type (pop-up, embedded or anchored).
- Pop-up: dims the page and appears before the visitor's eyes prompting to subscribe to the personalized mailing;
- Embedded: sits in the page's layout wherever you define waiting for visitor to leave the email address;
- Anchored: appears at the top or at the bottom of the page and prompts to subscribe to the newsletter.
Refer to this short screencast that illustrates the above steps:
Information about the process of opt-in forms configuration you can find here
Please follow these steps to set up a block with stories recommended individually to each visitor of your website:
- Go to Widgets and select Recommendation widget
- Click Create widget button in the top right corner of the Dashboard
- Type in the widgets name and click the Create button.
- Click the gear icon to access widget's settings.
Recommendation widget settings consist of 4 tabs, where various features of the widget can be configured.
General tab let's you change the block's name, set its width and choose how many stories to display (widget layout).
Style tab allows to tweak visual configuration of the widget — Form, Title, Item, Image, Text, Category and Separator. These are all buttons and each introduces more options that you can play with.
Behavior lets you choose to display recommendation widget on desktop or mobile versions of the website. You can choose both, of course.
Placeholder is a tab where you can get the HTML code for displaying recommendation block on your website. Copy the code and paste it on your website, wherever you want your audience to see recommended stories.
Sources is a tab where you can easily choose the feed (s) that you want Traqli to pick the content from.
How to launch on-site recommendation widget you find in this article
Overview page of the Traqli Dashboard allows to monitor the activity and performance of your campaigns.
By default, all of your campaigns are selected. To review a particular campaign, deselect all others in the campaigns drop down menu:
Email editor allows to customize newsletter template in various ways, making it look coherent with corporate design.
The editor page consists of Content and Settings, Lock icon (that enables to add, edit or delete blocks) and a large preview pane, where changes to the template are reflected.
Content tab has a list of email template blocks, each can be customized separately. Click on a certain block to access its settings.
Settings tab allows to customize body width, color of background, front size and font family.
By clicks on a Lock icon you can add new block, hide and duplicate, edit or delete existing one and also change the position of the block within email template.
Currently you can add 12 different blocks:
1. Dynamic block is based on the content from external data sources (etc. RSS feeds) that will be selected and updated automatically based on content selection type. This block has 4 sections:
Sources allows to attach RSS feeds to the block
Block section gives a possibility to adjust the layout of the whole block:
General subsection allows to set the block layout and choose content selection type (personally recommended content, most read, latest or empty)
You can enable the Block title just toggle the show switch ON. You can adjust the background; choose the color, size and family of the text; and adjust the paddings for the title.
Separator gives a possibility to separate the items inside the block.
Style subsection allows to adjust the background (outer and inner), border and paddings for the whole block.
Item section gives a possibility to adjust the layout of the item within the block.
General subsection allows to choose the item layout (using grid selector)
Image subsection allows you to adjust the space, size (including width (%) and height in pixels) and alignment
Text block subsection gives a possibility to adjust the paddings around text block in the item
You can enable the Category and set the color, text length, the size and alignment
Title subsection allows to adjust all settings for title of the item and optionally add an arrow to make call to action (click on the title) more obvious
Summary has the same settings like title subsection. (based on our experience it’s better not to use broad content description since it’s reducing the need to click on the item)
Button subsection makes it possible to add the button for each item
Style subsection allows to adjust the background (outer and inner), border and paddings for the item
Settings section allows to give the name for the block which will be used later in Click Map stats
2. Static block is almost identical to Dynamic block in terms of settings with the only difference that the content should be manually added and will be the same for all subscribers
Therefore in content subsection you need to enter title, category, summary and link (for item), upload the image or add the URL .
All the other settings are the same as for dynamic block.
3. Header block contains date and “View in browser” link, date language and format.
4. Footer block allows to adjust links to Contact Us, About Us and Unsubscribe pages + Copyright
5. Social block allows to configure links and icons of social networks (add or remove them, control their appearance — monochrome or colorful)
6. Logo block allows to change newsletter’s brand logo
7. Image block allows to upload static image and adjust the style settings
8. Text block gives a possibility to create the static text and put it in different part of template. (It could be “Recommended reading” or “Have a good day” etc.) and also add a link on whole string.
9. ViewAll Button block is a know how of Traqli that enables users to open links from the email in one browser tab without going back and forth from email to browser. It’s applicable only to dynamic content (blocks).
Text should invite subscribers to click the View All button, it’s a call to action. The button itself opens all stories from the newsletter in a convenient way that allows to navigate through articles using tabs at the top of the screen.
10. Button block gives a possibility to add any button and put the link if you would like to add any call to action in the template.
11. Divider block allows to separate different blocks with a line
12. HTML block gives a possibility to add HTML that you can insert right into the template
On top of the email preview you can find following buttons:
Send test email - click, enter an email address or a list separated by comma and get an email preview in your inbox
Preview - use this button to display changes that you made in the left menu (in Content or Settings) without saving it
Submit - saving changes on the server and updating email preview with the latest configuration
Cancel - resetting changes you made after last Submit
IMPORTANT: Content in email preview or the one you'll get in the inbox by sending a test email doesn't contain any personalization, neither filtered from duplicates (between different blocks of email). Content selection is just a list of latest stories from the feed to provide you with understanding of email structure.
Also, we made a screencast in order to show the sample template creation process:
- Go to Traqli Dashboard
- Go to Setup -> Sources Management page
- At this page you can see the information about current feed status:
- Status on the left:
- Green means the feed is parsing as expected
- Yellow means that there is some issues with the feed and you need to contact support to get information on specific error
- Grey means that that feed is disabled and you can enable it in any time in feed settings
- Red means that there is some serious issue with the feed and it was disabled by our server. To find out specific issue information you need to contact our customer support
- There is also data about your RSS feed name, link to the feed, date and time of previous and next check (by your browser time)
- You need to enter name of the feed that you will use to identify this feed in the list of sources on the current page and also when you attach specific content source to your email template content block or for onsite recommendations widget.
- Next, enter a valid link to the RSS feed. Requirements to the feed you can find in this article
- The last one is the feed language. Since Traqli performs semantic analysis of the content you need to specify the language you’re going to use for your articles so Traqli can correctly identify the meaning of the content. The list of languages is constantly updating, you can find additional detailes about supported languages on this page
Opt-in forms provide you with a possibility to grow your mailing list faster and more efficient.
In this article we’re covering details on how to configure opt-in forms within Traqli Dashboard. Information about the process of a new form creation you can find in a separate article here.
Once you determine what kind of widget you'd like to go with (pop-up, anchored or embedded), you can configure its look and behavior in the opt-in form settings. To access settings click the gear-shaped icon on the opt-in forms page.
Appearance tab allows to customize the design of the opt-in form.
General settings enable you to choose a color for the background.
Content settings allow to adjust the width (part for content), and paddings for top, left, right and bottom sides.
Desktop image settings enable you to choose the icon, the image or none if you don’t want use any image or icon within the opt-in form.
Color: allows you to adjust a color for icon
When you choose image you can configure its look and feel of whole opt-in form within the image.
You can upload image from your computer or insert a link
Width settings allows to set width for image.
IMPORTANT: You can see the preview of opt-in form in the Traqli Dashboard if the whole width of the form (content + image) doesn’t exceed 800 pixels.
Paddings settings enable you to adjust spacing near the image
Position settings allows to choose the position of the image within the pop-up
Size settings has 2 options:
- Cover: scale the background image to be as large as possible so that the background area is completely covered by the background image. Some parts of the background image may not be in view within the background positioning area.
- Contain: scale the image to the largest size such that both its width and its height can fit inside the content area.
Also, you should adjust your opt-in form for Mobile version too if you would like use the image. The best way is to upload your logo and set type of size - Contain.
Button settings allow to adjust the color of the button in nortal and hovered states. Also it gives possibility to choose the color of text on the button.
Text settings allow to harmonize a color of the main text above and under the button.
Input field colors: enable you to adjust a color of the text inside the field in normal state; a color of the text when visitor is typing and a color of the error message.
Input border colors: color for the border in normal state; in the active state - when subscribers is typing and a color of the border when there is some error.
Content tab is for text customization.
Title fields are for text on the 1st, 2nd and 3d lines.
Input field placeholder settings give a possibility to specified text for the default message inside the field; text for an invalid email address and a tooltip text.
Subscription button settings enable you to specify text on the button and text for the tooltip when hovering the button.
Text below the button allows to write text which will be under the button.
‘Already subscribed’ link title gives a possibility to compose text for the subscribers who already subscribed, but still see the form (for instance if they opened the page from a different device).
Success page tab allows to customize design and text for the success page (after successful subscription
Title: main success page message
Colors settings allow to modify a color of the background and text for success page.
Behavior tab allows to adjust different triggers (e.g. timeout, scroll, mouse-out) that affects opt-in form display.
Enable widget: Use to show / not show the widget on different devices
When to display settings allow to customize display conditions.
By timeout - how long it should take before the widget will appear
By scroll - how many pixels visitor should scroll before loading the widget
By mouse out - whether to show and after how many seconds the pop-up by moving mouse out of the browser window
Start loading On N pageview - pop-up widget should be loaded after specified amount of pageviews.
What to Do after widgetis closed settings enable you to manage time-to-show for visitors who closed the widget before.
Reopen on mouse out - possibility to show the widget by mouse out for visitors who already closed it before
Not earlier than N seconds - timeout before showing “On Exit” pop-up, if already closed
Showing again in Ndays - to show the widget to the same visitor until these many days have passed
Advanced settings allows to adjust time for fade in, fade out, transition animations duration and time for display success page.
Campaigns tab allows to attach the widget to specific campaigns, so the emails submitted in this form will be forward to specific mailing list.
Placeholder tab provides the code that you need to paste in the spot on your website where the widget should be displayed. (Only for Embedded widget).
Click map page of the Traqli Dashboard allows to monitor the click’s and link’s activity for every block of the template.
Clicks summary graph shows how many times your subscribers clicked on links in the every block of your newsletter during a certain period of time. Hover the mouse on a particular day to see the box with details info.
Most used blocks graph represents the percentage of clicks for every used blocks and provides a click share overview.
Links performance graph shows link performance based on his position in the block. Hover the mouse on a particular section to see the exact numbers of clicks.
Onsite recommendations page of the Traqli Dashboard allows to monitor activity and performance of your onsite recommendations widgets.
Widget KPIs analysis graph represents all key performance indicators (the number of clicks, advertising clicks, impressions and real impressions) for selected widget during a certain period of time. Hover the mouse on a particular day to see the box with details info.
Widget KPIs comparison provides a possibility of widgets comparative analysis. If you have more than one widget on different pages and want to compare number of real impressions, or clicks between them, this graph gives the best data representation for that.
General Performance Data table shows comprehensive statistic for all widgets during a certain period of time — number of impressions and real impressions, number of clicks and advertising clicks, and CTR.
The final graph on the Onsite recommendation page is Most clicked links — a table with links to the most popular articles with total amount of clicks.